Neevon Esmaili, M.D. (Medical Director)
"I enjoy the process of providing care to my patients, and entered the medical field with the intent to become a psychiatrist. I have a passion for clinical care and dedication to providing the highest quality of service. Bringing together my medical, psychotherapeutic, and psychiatric knowledge inspires me everyday. Providing a safe and therapeutic environment is my goal."
- Two Board Certifications in Adult Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Harbor-University of California Los Angeles, named Chief Fellow.
- Trained in Adult Psychiatry at the University of Southern California, earned the resident research award and was a graduate education committee representative involved in shaping curriculum.
- Attended Medical school at the State University of New York Downstate Health Science Center at Brooklyn.
- Attended the University of California, Berkeley, graduating with a major in neurobiology as well as a minor in theatre and performance studies.
- Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry & the Behavioral Sciences (Voluntary) at the Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California*
- Co-Author of a literature review paper published in a peer reviewed journal on ketamine abuse and diversion. (Read Journal Article Here)
- Published a case report on the management of a patient with a brain tumor and mental illness in the American Journal of Psychiatry Residents Journal. (Read Report Here)
- Presented research findings on medical disorders in adult psychiatric outpatients at the American Psychosomatic Society annual meeting on a travel scholarship.
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Medical Association
- Practicing as a medically licensed physician since 2011.
- Practicing as a Board Certified Adult Psychiatrist since 2013.
- Practicing as a Board Certified Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist since 2014.
*Mental Fitness Clinic is not affiliated with the Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California
Melvin M. Moore, PhD
Dr. Moore is a California licensed psychologist whose clinical experience spans twenty-seven years. He specializes in the treatment of trauma-related disorders, victims of intimate partner violence, addiction treatment and recovery, couples therapy; parent-child conflict, and substance and alcohol abuse.
From a theoretical perspective, Dr. Moore works from an integrative theoretical orientation grounded in psychodynamic theory, attachment theory, and in the cognitive and behavioral therapies; but above all, his work is pragmatic, and down-to-earth.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Clinical Psychology from Harvard University
- Master’s Degree (MA) in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling from Michigan StateUniversity
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Social Work from Michigan State University
License Number: PSY11086
- Adjunct Professor, Pepperdine University
- Graduate Level Psychology Courses, Techniques in Counseling and Psychotherapy
- American Psychological Association
- Los Angeles County Psychological Association
- Practicing as a California Licensed Psychologist since 1989
- Trained in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Primary Therapist, Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital – Los Angeles County Men’s Central Jail
- Therapist, LA County Sheriff Department - Pitchess Detention Center, Castaic, CA
- Primary Therapist, La Casita for Women & Children – Downey, CA substance abuse program
- Parenting Workshop Facilitator, Shields for Families, Los Angeles
- Clinical Supervisor for Marriage and Family Therapist Interns
- Clinical Supervisor for Pre and Post-Doctoral Interns
Douglas R. Polster, PhD
Dr. Polster is a licensed clinical psychologist with specializations in neuropsychology and sports psychology. He provides expert neurocognitive evaluations designed to assess strengths and weaknesses in order to help individuals better understand how to leverage their strengths as well cope with any weaknesses. He offers baseline and post-injury concussion evaluation, psychoeducational testing, and ADHD and learning disability evaluations, as well as testing for memory related difficulties. Each evaluation is tailored to the individual to provide the most accurate results and contains personalized recommendations.
Dr. Polster grew up in a sports environment and played varsity basketball at Johns Hopkins University, serving as a captain his senior year. In his free time, Dr. Polster serves as a director of an LA-based social and fitness group and enjoys golfing and surfing.
- Fellowship trained in Sports Neuropsychology at the UCLA Steve Tisch BrainSPORT Program and UCLA Medical Psychological Assessment Center
- Internship at Broward Health Medical Center, Fort Lauderdale, FL, focusing on the intersection of medical conditions and psychiatric disorders
- Doctor Of Philosophy (PhD) in Clinical Psychology from Nova Southeastern University
- Bachelors of Arts from Johns Hopkins University in Psychology and Spanish
- Multiple research presentations at national conferences including the University of California Neurotrauma Conference and the American Academy of Neurology Sports Concussion Conference
- JAMA Pediatrics editorial on pediatric health-related functioning after concussion
- Member of the UCLA Steve Tisch BrainSPORT research team
Training and Certifications:
- Licensed by the state of California to practice psychology (PSY 29235)
- ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Test) certified
"Dr. Esmaili has been very kind, caring, gentle, patient, and understanding. He is knowledgeable and has made a huge difference in my son. Dr. Esmaili is everything we hoped for in a psychiatrist. We are so fortunate to have found him."Parent of