"I enjoy the process of providing care to my patients, and entered the medical field with the intent to become a psychiatrist. I have a passion for clinical care and dedication to providing the highest quality of service. Bringing together my medical, psychotherapeutic, and psychiatric knowledge inspires me everyday. Providing a safe and therapeutic environment is my goal."
- Two Board Certifications in Adult Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Harbor-University of California Los Angeles, named Chief Fellow.
- Trained in Adult Psychiatry at the University of Southern California, earned the resident research award and was a graduate education committee representative involved in shaping curriculum.
- Attended Medical school at the State University of New York Downstate Health Science Center at Brooklyn.
- Attended the University of California, Berkeley, graduating with a major in neurobiology as well as a minor in theatre and performance studies.
- Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry & the Behavioral Sciences (Voluntary) at the Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California*
- Co-Author of a literature review paper published in a peer reviewed journal on ketamine abuse and diversion. (Read Journal Article Here)
- Published a case report on the management of a patient with a brain tumor and mental illness in the American Journal of Psychiatry Residents Journal. (Read Report Here)
- Presented research findings on medical disorders in adult psychiatric outpatients at the American Psychosomatic Society annual meeting on a travel scholarship.
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Medical Association
- Practicing as a medically licensed physician since 2011.
- Practicing as a Board Certified Adult Psychiatrist since 2013.
- Practicing as a Board Certified Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist since 2014.
*Mental Fitness Clinic is not affiliated with the Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California
"Dr. Esmaili has been very kind, caring, gentle, patient, and understanding. He is knowledgeable and has made a huge difference in my son. Dr. Esmaili is everything we hoped for in a psychiatrist. We are so fortunate to have found him."Parent of